Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures;
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers;
- Diagnose, carry out preventive and routine maintenance according to manufacturer's, and MEWP requirements, as well as fault finding, diagnosing problems on all equipment in rental and sales fleet;
- Issue activity reports on faults and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task;
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as MEWP wiring and associated components;
- Recognise, and propose the need for tools or other inventory to the Foreman Engineer
- Prepare new rental/sales equipment for delivery;
- Perform checks on MEWP equipment before and after use for damage, hours used, tires, mileage, fuel levels, safety decals and safety compliance;
- Calibrate equipment using electronic aids, procedures and programmable controllers;
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts;
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections;
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements;
- Repair or replace defective parts & components;
- After instruction, install special functional and structural parts in devices and equipment;
- Start/operate devices to test their performance and familiarize customers;
- Set up and operate repair equipment and repair part according to instructions and procedures;
- Work to achieve KPI’s for the individual depot and the company fleet.
- Assist the Foreman Engineer to achieve the highest possible amount of available quality fleet for rental.
- Attend technical training on new products when required.