North London/Essex - Depot based in Hemel Hempstead
We have an exciting opportunity for a mobile engineer to join our team. Gain experience and knowledge in the world of powered access platforms!
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area/ vehicle, whilst adhering to the best practice safety procedures.
- Maintain a high level of customer service / satisfaction in a customer facing role.
- Diagnose and carry out preventive and routine maintenance on site according to manufacturer's specification and mobile elevating work platform requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, and breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet;
- Issue activity reports on faults and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as Mobile elevating work platforms wiring and associated components, recognize, and propose the need for tools or other inventory to Senior Management.
- Prepare new rental/sales equipment for delivery.
- Perform checks on Mobile elevating work platform equipment before and after use for damage, hours used, tires, mileage, fuel levels, safety decals and safety compliance.
- Calibrate equipment using electronic aids, procedures and programmable controllers, dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections & repair or replace defective parts & components
- After instruction, install special functional and structural parts in devices and equipment - Start/operate devices to test their performance and familiarize customers - Demonstrate equipment to customers
- Set up and operate repair equipment and repair parts according to instructions and procedures.
- Attend technical training on new products as & when required.
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Result oriented
- National vocational qualification in engineering;
- At least 3 year experience maintaining and/or repairing access platform or similar equipment;
- Through knowledge of dialogistic equipment, and procedures;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Drivers license is a prerequisite;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset;
- Team player and leader with customer focus, result oriented;
- Willing to travel nationally;
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
Please send your CV to Tracy Wadsworth.
Interviews will be arranged ASAP.
No Recruitment Agencies.