United Kingdom - English
  • Belgium - Dutch
  • Croatia - Croatian
  • Denmark - Danish
  • France - French
  • Germany - German
  • Kazakhstan - English
  • Kazakhstan - Russian
  • Netherlands - Dutch
  • Norway - Norwegian
  • Poland - Polish
  • Slovenia - Slovenian
  • Spain - Spanish
  • Sweden - Swedish
  • United Kingdom - English

RIwal Invests close to €100 million into fleet

Riwal, the aerial work platform and telehandler rental and sales specialist, is investing nearly €100 million (£86.1 million) in its fleet during 2019.

About 75% of the investment will be for fleet expansion, supporting Riwal’s international growth strategy. The remaining 25% is for fleet renewal.

Riwal is acquiring more than 2,000 new machines, including scissor lifts, boom lifts, telehandlers and other specialist products.

The new equipment will be purchased from high-quality brands such as JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Skyjack for aerial work platforms and Manitou, Magni and JCB for telehandlers.

A considerable proportion of the fleet plan consists of electric and hybrid machines, reflecting Riwal’s emphasis on sustainability.

Pedro Torres, Riwal Chief Operating Officer, said: “This fleet investment is essential to our growth strategy and our mission to deliver the best customer experience.

“We are expanding geographically and opening new depots and can meet customer needs by supplying a newer and wider range of access equipment.

“With the addition of more environmentally-friendly models, we aim to support our customers in reaching their sustainability goals.”

Machines Riwal is investing in include articulated boom lifts such as the JLG H800AJ, with a working height of 26 metres, and the Genie Z™-60/37, with a working height of 20 metres.

More Holland Lift hybrid HL-275H25 scissor lifts will be acquired, with working heights of 27 metres.

Also, Riwal continues to invest in converting JLG diesel booms with working heights up to 43 metres into 100% electric machines.

Riwal UK Country Manager Mick Leddedn said: "This is fantastic news, and further evidence of the ambition and focus on business development at Riwal.

“It is even better news for Riwal customers, because we will be providing the most modern and most productive equipment, backed by an approach to business, defined by the Riwal Way, that best supports their needs.”