Manager Procurement & Supply Chain
HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Responsible for leading and developing group procurement strategies, procedures, policies and standards. Lead sourcing processes, tenders, negotiations for group categories, supplier qualification. Support Chief Operations Officer (COO) in development and implementation of procurement strategy and operational objectives of the group.
Undertaking a large range of strategic procurement/tender projects to achieve value added and cash releasing savings from service efficiencies to the supported organizations. Effective networking and collaboration across our Supply Base, Regions and Business Units to ensure Riwal secures optimum value from the supply market, is essential.
Responsible for sourcing of the Group needs for a given category, ensuring those materials / services are bought at the most favourable commercial conditions satisfying the required quality specifications, service level requirements and optimal stock levels.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop group category sourcing strategies and frameworks for procurement activities;
- Deliver sourcing projects and manage key suppliers, ensuring that all contracts and suppliers are managed appropriately according to best practice and in a cost effective manner;
- Support and drive cost reduction strategies on the end to end cost base, through a combination of tenders, price reductions, volume and demand management techniques;
- Proactively build and maintain effective senior stakeholder relationships across the Group;
- Working on Procurement & Supply Chain projects together with countries and other centralized departments (s.a. Finance, IT and Operations);
- Rollout a cost awareness culture within the organization. Manage the cost awareness actions with the countries;
- Maintain accurate, clear, concise documents, keep records of all decisions taken, parties engaged in decision making and ensure all actions, logs and registers are complete and accurate with entries being made in a timely fashion;
- Maintaining the Group’s Procurement & Supply Chain processes (P2P, Inventory Management, Master Data etc. as Process Steward).
- Master degree in Business Administration, Business Economics or similar, together with Procurement Qualification(CIPS or equivalent);
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in managing spend amounts (both CAPEX & OPEX);
- Detailed knowledge of sourcing, suppliers and market trends, and ideally experience in working within the rental industry;
- Working knowledge of international contract law and with supplier contractual agreements (including ability to review supplier terms & conditions);
- Prove track record of cost reductions projects and strategic tenders within multiple spend categories;
- Change Management: flexible and ready to adopt to changing needs. Ready to drive continuous improvement;
- Excellent command of MS Office & Google Apps;
- Excellent language skills in English and preferably one other European language (written and spoken).
- This role requires a limited amount of travelling (<>
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes a competitive fixed salary, a company car and an attractive bonus scheme. The average bonus in the past three years was 15% of the gross annual salary including holiday allowance. No rights can be derived from this regulation.
We also offer a very interesting defined premium pension plan with Nationale Nederlanden with only 1% personal contribution. In addition, you have 29 days' holiday per year and the possibility to participate in our group health insurance with ONVZ, with a discount on basic insurance and additional packages.
At Riwal Holding, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment at a beautiful location near Dordrecht city center, which is very easy to reach with both public transport and by car. We also offer successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact the HR Specialist of Riwal Holding Group, Mr. Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 1825. If you are interested to apply for this role, please send your CV, with motivation to him by e-mail at email@example.com. An assessment will be part of the recruitment procedure.