If you apply for a job at Riwal, we ask you to provide certain personal information. This way Riwal can assess your suitability for a vacant position or internship. Riwal attaches great importance to the privacy of her applicants. In doing so, we adhere to the requirements from the - Implementation Act - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This Privacy Statement is intended to inform applicants of the way in which Riwal processes the personal data of them with a view to recruitment and selection activities.
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 16.000 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal considers the privacy of her applicants important. We process personal data in an honest and legal manner. This means that Riwal collects and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What do the terms in this statement mean?
In this Privacy statement the terms 'personal data' and 'processing' are often used. Because it must be clear to everyone what the terms mean, the definitions follow below:
- Personal data: all information about an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing: collecting, registering, storing, organizing, transferring, modifying, modifying, retrieving, consulting, using, limiting, disclosing by means of transmission, distribution, or otherwise comparing, blocking, destroying and erasing personal data.
How do we process your personal data?
Riwal collects your personal data directly from you or through forms and / or attached resumes via riwal.com. We also collect your data during personal contact moments, telephone calls and / or e-mail. In addition, we receive your personal data via recruitment and selection agencies.
Riwal does not collect and process sensitive information about applicants, for example data that reveal your race or ethnic background, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, possibly membership of a trade union, health or sex life. Should it happen that Riwal collects sensitive information about you, then we ask your explicit and written consent.
Purposes of data processing
Personal data that Riwal receives from you is used for a responsible, effective and efficient recruitment and selection process. Riwal processes your personal data for the following recruitment purposes:
- Assessing your suitability for a specific position, role, assignment or internship (in the case of a targeted application);
- Comparing your data with the current vacancies or assignments at Riwal (in the case of an open application);
- Communicate with you about the recruitment and selection procedure;
- Contact you to schedule job interviews;
- Providing information to you about other possible relevant vacancies;
- If part of the selection procedure: carrying out assessment and screening.
- Riwal may also use your personal data to analyze the satisfaction of the applicants with regard to the recruitment and selection process.
Legal basis of the processing
Riwal processes personal data of you as an applicant on the basis of one of the following legal grounds.
Riwal registers your application. If your application leads to a selection, Riwal has a legitimate interest in collecting all necessary personal data from you. After all, Riwal has to assess whether you are suitable for the job in question. What personal data we collect, you can read later in the section 'Categories of data'.
Agreement or in the run-up to the conclusion of an agreement
During an application procedure, Riwal collects personal data with a view to a contract of employment, hiring agreement or a work placement contract.
It happens that a 'business need' exists for the storage of your personal data. This is possible, for example, if we want to keep your resume in case a suitable vacancy arises. In these cases we ask you for consent. Riwal will retain your data for a maximum of one year after the application procedure has ended. You can always withdraw your consent.
Categories of data
Riwal processes the following personal data for the above mentioned purposes:
- Standard information regarding your identity (name, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone number);
- Personal details (birthplace and date, nationality, gender, hobbies interests);
- A photo of you, as far as you have given consent for this. In this situation, it is noted that if you provide a photo to Riwal unsolicited, we assume that we have your consent to use the photo in question for recruitment purposes;
- Your professional experience;
- Followed courses (diplomas, certificates, internships);
- Language knowledge;
- Any other personal information you share when applying for a job;
- Consult social media platform, such as LinkedIn and Facebook. The information that Riwal obtains in this way, we discuss with you during the interview.
- Riwal does not use available information about you that clearly has no business character and is not necessary or relevant for the vacant position.
- All other personal data (as mentioned above) that must be processed pursuant to the law.
Riwal stores your personal data for the duration of the recruitment and selection procedure. If the application does not lead to an employment relationship, we will delete your personal data no later than four weeks after completing the application procedure from our database.
If Riwal wants to keep your personal data longer, in case a suitable vacancy arises, Riwal will ask you for consent.
Access to personal data
Riwal determines by means of authorizations and user profiles which employees have access to personal data. For recruiting purposes, certain employees within HR and the intended managers have access to your personal data. This access is strictly based on 'need to know' for the purposes described above. In addition, the employees concerned are bound by a confidentiality agreement. Riwal periodically evaluates the authorizations and usage profiles and updates them where necessary.
Providing personal data to third parties
Riwal may provide certain information about you to third parties that provide services to Riwal. For example, a screening, assessment or a recruitment and selection agency.
Of course, Riwal will only provide this information insofar as this is necessary for the execution of the recruitment and selection process. Before Riwal provides your personal information to a third party, Riwal will assess whether this third party meets the strict security requirements and complies with GDPR. Riwal will execute data processing agreements with such third parties.
In some cases, Riwal is even obliged to provide information about you to third parties, for example to investigating authorities.
Security of your data
With regard to the protection of personal data, Riwal takes appropriate technical and organizational measures. These measures ensure that your data is protected against incorrect use, modification, illegal or accidental destruction and / or loss.
The recruitment and selection process is organized in such a way that Riwal can optimally protect your personal data. The measures are in line with the nature of the data and what is technically possible and feasible. These security measures are supervised by internal and external independent auditors.
Transfer outside the European Union
Riwal processes your personal data within the European Union (EU). If data processors engaged by Riwal process personal data outside the EU, this will take place according to the rules set by the EU for this purpose. As a starting point, we apply the EU Standard Contractual Clauses to secure that the level of privacy protection is similar to the situation of data processing within the EU.
Rights of the person involved
Applicants have different rights under the GDPR to protect their privacy. Below you can read which rights are applicable:
- Right to inspect, correct / supplement or delete your personal data;
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent for the processing for which explicit consent has been requested (for example, the longer retention of your CV);
- Right to transferability.
The request to exercise one or more of the above rights can be submitted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insofar as this is possible within the legal frameworks, we will cooperate with your request. If you are of the opinion that your request is not fully met, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Data Protection Authority
The Dutch Data Protection Authority supervises compliance with the GDPR. Riwal falls under the supervision of the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The contact details of the Data Protection Authority can be found on their website. Riwal always tries to come to a good solution together with you.
If you have any questions or complaints about our handling of your personal data, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Changes to the privacy statement
Copyright October 2018 Riwal Holding Group B.V.