We aim to
- Provide the best customer experience with services and products that meet our customers' expectations and fully satisfy their requirements.
- Provide and ensure safe and healthy working conditions for our employees (permanent and temporary), visitors, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Empower our employees to act in a safe manner and to care for their health and wellbeing.
- Ensure that our services and operations are performed and managed in such a way as to protect the environment.
- Take our share of responsibility in providing a more sustainable living for coming generations by contributing to sustainable development economically, environmentally and socially.
- Continuously identify opportunities, risks, and improvement possibilities in our entire value chain by taking health and safety, ethics, environment and human rights into account.
- Actively communicate and promote commitment to our policy and SHEQ objectives at all levels of the organization and to relevant stakeholders and share best practices and knowledge throughout the Group.
- Continually assess and improve the effectiveness of our SHEQ management system by reviewing our objectives, risks, KPIs and results.
Within Health & Safety
- Protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and third parties and to provide a healthy and safe work environment.
- Continuously improve the HSE working conditions in order to move ever further towards our "Zero accident" target.
- Prevent work-related illnesses and health problems.
- Constantly work towards improving the health and safety culture at all levels within Riwal, using a "top down" and "bottom up" approach where employee engagement and feedback is encouraged.
- Provide all necessary equipment, resources and training; to increase all our employees Health and Safety awareness.
- Ensure compliance with applicable HSE national, regional and local regulations and laws.
- Comply with Riwal rules, when exceeding national, regional or local regulations and laws.
Within Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- Take into account all the positive and negative environmental, social and economic impacts we have on society and our stakeholders.
- Promote and improve the wellbeing, employability and professional skills of our employees
- Take actions to contribute to 7 of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Do fair business and work in accordance with the ethical standards and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance to our code of conduct with regard to integrity, corruption and discrimination.
- Constantly look for innovative and sustainable solutions, in which the economic, environmental and social interests are in balance.
- Increase our energy and resource efficiency through machine electrification, efficient transportation, carbon offsetting, and renewable energy usage.
- Increase our water-use efficiency and responsibly manage our waste streams.
- Protect the environment and the communities where we work and live in, by preventing pollution, minimizing our impact and investing in local initiatives.
- Use the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises as our guiding tool to create and update this policy.
- Include in our policies or codes the requirement to respect and follow the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the universal standards of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Place our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Actively listen to our customer needs and expectations and innovate our products and services to meet them.
- Develop and maintain the processes we need to deliver the best customer experience.
- Continuously measure, maintain and increase Riwal knowledge base through talent recruitment and training.
- Respect stakeholder confidentiality and individual privacy whilst remaining transparent in all other aspects of our work.
Delivering the best customer experience and respecting Health, Safety and Environment rules is an individual responsibility for all of us, at every level within our organization. This policy statement is part of our SHEQ management system, which is organized on the basis of the ISO 9001, 45001, 14001 and CSR Performance ladder (based on ISO 26000 standard) and it applies to all our employees, contractors, suppliers, visitors and other key business partners. The Executive Management is responsible for creating a suitable work environment supporting the above mentioned aspects in this policy statement.