Scrum Development Manager
HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Do you have strong analytical skills and are you capable of structuring and analyzing complex problems in a creative way? Are you an experienced and trusted adviser for senior management? Would you like to gain new knowledge, share your knowledge, expand your network and get the best out of yourself and your colleagues? Then you are the colleague we are looking for!
For our head office in Dordrecht we are looking for a full time member of the IT team:
Scrum Development Manager
Location: Head Office Dordrecht
The scrum development manager is responsible for leading the IT Development Team and guiding the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to create optimal customer experience. We work in self-organized teams and your role is to facilitate the team in becoming fully self-organized and self-sufficient. With your knowledge of different Agile approaches (Kanban, Scrum, etc), you know how to improve transparency in the team, how to build a trusting and safe environment and how to get optimal results. You know what to do in an environment that is continuously changing. You are also the owner of the Change process, meaning responsible for an updated Rolling Planning that is input for the Portfolio Board, in which we prioritize and decide upon all initiatives. The scrum development manager will report directly to the Digital Director.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coach the company on agility at every level up to our Executive Management
- Support the development teams to create high-value products and instruct teams in self-organization and cross functionality
- Support the teams to implement suitable Agile approaches in their development, building team cohesion
- Support our Product Owners on Backlog refining, iteration and release plan creation, as well as team planning and alignment
- Direct, attend and participate in staff meetings and related activities (attend workshops and (international) events)
- Act as single point of contact towards external service providers related to Agile / Scrum
- Own the Rolling Forecast Planning (contains all initiatives)
- Execute HR activities (e.g. appraisal for internals, evaluation for externals) for members of the development team
- Prepare and participate in the Portfolio Board as Portfolio Manager
- Academic or bachelor education level, preferably with additional certificates that show you continued developing yourself (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Experience as Certified Scrum Master in building high-performance teams on the topic of agile software development
- Excellent understanding of agile methodologies, frameworks and tools, plus an ability to combine them optimally as necessary (e.g. LeSS, Nexus, SAFe)
- Background in software engineering (2 or more years of experience with Java development teams)
- Experience in working with Jira is a plus
- Excellent language skills in English and preferably Dutch (written and spoken)
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes a competitive fixed salary and attractive bonus scheme The average bonus in the past three years was 15% of the gross annual salary including holiday allowance. No rights can be derived from this regulation.
We also offer a very interesting defined premium pension plan with Nationale Nederlanden with only 1% personal contribution. In addition, you have 29 days' holiday per year and the possibility to participate in our group health insurance with ONVZ, with a discount on basic insurance and additional packages.
At Riwal Holding, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment at a beautiful location near Dordrecht city center, which is very easy to reach with both public transport and by car. On working days a varied lunch is provided at the office for all departments. We also offer successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 1825 or apply directly by sending your CV to email@example.com.