International Service Engineer
HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Take Riwal to new heights! Work at the heart of an international leader to enable the best results
with your focus on Continuous Improvement that makes a real customer difference.
Riwal is an international company specialized in the rental and sales of aerial work platforms and
related machinery. Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million while operating a fleet of 20.000 rental
units and employing 2.500 people across 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to
become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. Riwal aims to be the first choice for
projects performed at height. To achieve this we want to deliver the Best Customer Experience through
To strengthen our International Technical SWAT Team we are currently looking for an:
40 hrs per week – Dordrecht
***Please note: For this vacancy we can only consider candidates who hold a valid EU passport, able to travel around Europe without the need for visa documents.***
Riwal operates in a competitive environment and our customers expect high levels of safety, availability,
customer service and on-time delivery. Your mission in this role is to optimize the availability of our
machines for both Rental and Sales executed in Dordrecht. You will resolve faults and perform
maintenance and machines in an efficient, effective and customer-oriented way. On top of that, you will
provide flexible technical breakdown support when needed in national & international projects. For these
international projects, you occasionally have to travel internationally (a few days per trip) when required.
In terms of specifics, this requires you to:
- Performing maintenance and repair work in accordance with the Riwal Way Standards;
- Organizing Machine “flow” through our Dordrecht Depot;
- Support HQ technical team with projects;
- Perform inspection of potential machines for trading/sales;
- Perform pre/after-delivery inspections for International projects or sales deals;
- Provide a malfunction diagnosis and correct the malfunction;
- Reporting claims/damages and following the procedure to the International Service Specialist;
- Ensure safety, order and tidiness on the work floor;
- Maintain/check equipment and tools provided;
- After obtaining the right experience level you can back-up the International Service Specialist;
- Constantly keeping the International Service Specialist informed about the progress of the work in order to allow the most efficient planning possible;
Keep up to date on technical developments in our existing and new products by constantly seeking to expand knowledge via training and or inquiry from technical experts.
Your personality makes the difference!
This is a role in which you can combine your technical skills with your passion for working in an international
and commercial environment. Best of both worlds! For this job it is important that you can perform
independently and that you are able to plan and organize your own work. Because of the travelling part of this
job, you have to be flexible as well. Our customers expect high levels of safety and quality, so it is important
that you are quality-conscious and the words ‘Order, Neatness & Safety’ should sound like music in your ears.
Besides that, you also bring the following attributes:
- Travelling internationally when required (a couple of days per trip - occasionally);
- Secondary vocational education level of working and thinking (preferably completed a technical education, e.g. mechanical engineering, vehicle engineering or electrical engineering);
- Completed relevant courses on hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical engineering;
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experience;
- Good command of (technical) English and Dutch, both written and spoken, including jargon on at minimum European B level;
- Safety, Health and Environment certificate;
- Want to obtain the mandatory certificates and trainings (IPAF, BMWT Forklift, Boom Lift etc.);
- Want to develop a specialty in servicing a specific brand or multiple brands;
- Driving license, category B.
Join our organization that is committed to its employees!
To join Riwal is to become part of a dynamic team where you can make a real difference to the bottom
line. At Riwal you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment. You will
work within a friendly and open culture where we have lunch together and enjoy regular company drinks.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Competitive compensation, laptop and mobile phone;
- Becoming part of a diverse and international company;
- Pension with only 1% contribution;
- Attractive bonus plan of 15% (on average);
- 29 days of holiday and a holiday allowance of 8% paid in May;
- Full access to our Riwal Academy, starting with a nice onboarding program;
- Having the opportunity to create your own career within an ambitious international organization.
Will you be our new Service Engineer?!
We look forward to hearing from you!