International Service Engineer
HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
We are currently looking for International Service Engineers for our Technical SWAT team. As an International Service Engineer you will use your professional and technical skills in an international setting. You will be part of the Technical SWAT team and will work in different countries and in various cultures. You will report directly into the coordinator of the SWAT program located at our International Headquarters in the Netherlands. In this position you will work closely together with the local Service Engineers in the countries, and with the other International Service Engineers in the SWAT team.
If you have the right personality and skills, and if you have international experience or are willing to build that, then we are looking for you!
Responsible for optimizing the availability of fleet for rental and sale. Resolving faults and performing maintenance and repairs on machines on site in an efficient, effective and customer-oriented way. Provide flexible technical support to the different Riwal countries and International projects when required.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Performing maintenance and repair work in accordance with the Riwal Way Standards (machinery in local Riwal countries, machinery on International Projects or machinery from the International Rental fleet);
- Perform inspection of potential machines for trading/sales;
- Perform pre/after-delivery inspections for International projects or sales deals;
- Provide a malfunction diagnosis and correct the malfunction;
- Reporting claims/damages and following the procedure;
- Provide quality control of work performed and hours worked;
- Request/order parts from the local warehouse or obtain parts via the international service desk;
- Administrative handling of first check and maintenance/work orders in the ERP system;
- Ensure safety, order and tidiness on the work floor;
- Maintain/check equipment and tools provided;
- Back-up for International service desk support (by phone).
- Constantly keeping the International Technical Specialist informed about the progress of the work in order to allow the most efficient planning possible
- Keep up to date on technical developments in our existing and new products by constantly seeking to expand knowledge via training and or inquiry from technical experts.
- Willing to travel internationally as required (stay abroad from a few days to a few weeks, including weekends);
- Secondary vocational education level of working and thinking (preferably completed a technical education, e.g. mechanical engineering, vehicle engineering or electrical engineering);
- Completed relevant courses on hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical engineering;
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experience;
- Good command of (technical) English, both written and spoken, including jargon on at minimum European A2 level;
- Safety, Health and Environment certificate;
- Willing to obtain the mandatory certificates and trainings (IPAF, BMWT Forklift, Boom Lift etc.);
- Willing to develop a specialty in servicing a specific brand or multiple brands;
- Driving licence, category B;
- Knowledge of Riwal´s way of working/ Lean principles.
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes among others a competitive fixed salary and an attractive extra allowance when working abroad. Of course we also compensate the costs of travel, lodging and meals and drinks, and if necessary you can follow an English language at our expense.
At Riwal Holding, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment. We offer successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 18 25 or apply directly by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. An assessment will be part of the recruitment procedure.