HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Are you an experienced advisor, detailed oriented, able to consistently meet deadlines and do you work well within a team? Would you describe yourself as flexible, methodical and be able to think of alternative routes to problem solving? Do you want to gain and share new knowledge, expand your network and get the best out of yourself and your colleagues? Then we are looking for you!
As a data specialist, you will be translating business challenges into analytical problems and strive for a data driven solution (e.g. building a solution to make Riwal predictive in increasing the availability of our fleet to deliver a better service to our customers). Furthermore you are a member of the Architecture Team which decides about the overall architecture responsible for the development of the solutions, developed on our (digital) ecosystem and at the same time be part of a disciplinary team.
In this position you will report directly to the IT Manager Operations. We are currently looking for a full time addition to the Riwal IT team at our head office:
Location: Head Office Dordrecht
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Riwal's vision and strategy by defining, implementing and executing Data solutions and Data products to strengthen data-driven strategic decision-making. To do so, you are using advanced analytics and/or big data solutions like analytics, statistics, machine learning, and neural networks.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Define, implement and execute a Data Solution roadmap
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain predictive data models, algorithms and data products
- Research, select, test and evaluate new IT data model concepts, technologies and tooling
- Conducting advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identifying
trends and measuring performance
- You monitor the reliability, clarity and completeness of the metrics
- You create dashboards that give the operational departments better insights and make smarter decisions
- You translate important metrics, to underlying KPIs and then to goals that your colleagues can steer on
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments and
collaborating with industry leaders on Data Management
- Direct, attend and participate in staff meetings and related activities (e.g. attend workshops and (international) events to keep up to date with Data Management developments)
- Act as single point of contact towards external service providers and manufacturers
related to Data Solutions (e.g. Telematics)
- Align with Riwal’s Risk Manager and IT Security Specialist on audits, results, incidents, etc.
- Educational background, such as Computer Science program at a academic or at a bachelor level and your work experience and additional certificates (CDMP) show that you have continued to develop yourself
- Relevant work experience at least 5 years as Data Architect / Analyst, of which at least a strong track record of 3 years in a Cloud and Mobile Apps development environment
- You have a strong in-depth Technical / Technological understanding / knowledge of modern IT ecosystems: systems, applications, databases, Cloud.
- You have profound knowledge of machine learning, statistics, simulation, optimisation or related fields.
- You have knowledge of Google Cloud Data Services (e.g. Data Lake Store, Data Lake Analytics)
- You have experience with established Cloud service providers (e.g. Google, Microsoft);
- Excellent language skills in Dutch as well as English is a must
- You have frequently worked on major assignments, such as defining and maintaining Data Management Roadmaps, designing and implementing a distributed and highly scalable data processing framework, large data sets on modern data architectures, selecting, implementing and Testing of Data Management Tooling)
- Willing to travel as required (max 10% of your time)
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes a competitive fixed salary and attractive bonus scheme The average bonus in the past three years was 15% of the gross annual salary including holiday allowance. No rights can be derived from this regulation.
We also offer a very interesting defined premium pension plan with Nationale Nederlanden with only 1% personal contribution. In addition, you have 29 days of holiday per year and the possibility to participate in our group health insurance with ONVZ, with a discount on basic insurance and additional packages.
At Riwal Holding, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment at a beautiful location near Dordrecht city center, which is very easy to reach with both public transport and by car. On working days a varied lunch is provided at the office for all departments. We also offer successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact Jelena Pantelic (Recruiter a.i. Riwal Holding Group) at 06 50 27 37 78 or apply directly by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your application within 5 working days. An assessment will also be part of the recruitment procedure.