Commercial Excellence Intern
HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Take Riwal to new heights! Work at the heart of an international leader to enable the best results with your focus on Continuous Improvement that makes a real customer difference.
Riwal is an international company specialized in the rental and sales of aerial work platforms and related machinery. Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million while operating a fleet of 20.000 rental units and employing 2.500 people across 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan). Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry.
To strengthen our Commercial Excellence Team at our global headquarters we are currently looking for an
Commercial Excellence Intern
Location: Wilgenbos 2, Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Start: As soon as possible, latest February 2022
In this role, you will support our Commercial Process Specialist with daily activities for the Riwal Group – working in the heart of an international company. During this internship, you will gain valuable experience in an international organization and hands-on experience working with Commercial Excellence Principles. On a daily basis, you will be working with the Commercial Process Specialist to maintain our Commercial Audit program, with the goal of continuously optimizing business practices across countries.
Day-to-day duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the commercial Continuous Improvement Review (Commercial CIR) program;
- Providing the right structure and access to documentation of evidence per maturity CIR score;
- Improve the process of gathering evidence;
- Tracking, reporting, and controlling The Commercial Riwal Way Key Performance Indicators;
- Selecting, documenting, and communicating group-wide Best Practices;
- Support other Commercial Excellence programs. E.g. commercial training, use of CRM, updating of the Commercial Excellence Guide.
Your personality makes the difference!
In this role you can combine your knowledge gained from school with the experience you will gain in practice. Best of both worlds! This role requires you to have good communication skills and have the drive to try and learn everything about Commercial Excellence.
Besides that, you also bring the following attributes:
- Flexibility and ability to work well in diverse international teams;
- “Can do” mentality;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Solution-oriented, customer-driven, and commercial mindset.
- HBO bachelor student in Commercial Economics, International Business, Management Economics, and Law, or related fields;
- Interest in or knowledge of Commercial Excellence principles;
- Ability to work in a structured way;
- Fast learner;
- English professional level, other languages beneficial but not necessary;
- Good knowledge of office applications (Microsoft or Google);
- Available for at least 5 months, available for at least 4 days a week, preferably on a full-time basis.
Join our organization that is committed to its employees!
To join Riwal is to become part of a dynamic team where you can make a real difference to the bottom line. At Riwal HQ, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment at a beautiful location near Dordrecht City Center, which is very easy to reach with both public transport and by car. You will work within a friendly and open culture where we have lunch together and enjoy regular company drinks. Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Be part of a team (E.g. Group Commercial Director) that has lots of ambitions and works very pragmatic to get the job done;
- Receive an internship allowance;
- Gain valuable experience in an international organization;
- Gain a deeper knowledge of Commercial Excellence principles;
- Have opportunities to network with a team of people dedicated to operational improvement;
- If you do not have the student travel product anymore, you will receive a travel allowance;
- Learn about Riwal, our culture, our network, our local operations, and our customer base;
- Work with decision-makers within an international organization.
We look forward to hearing from you!