Our Alignment with UN SDGs
The Sustainable Development Goals are goals set by the UN Member States in 2015, as part of the 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development. They target solutions for poverty, gender inequality, and climate change.
We would like to play our part in achieving the goals of this global initiative. Starting 2019, we thus decided to focus our efforts and target settings on some of these goals.
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Goal 6: Improve sanitation and access to clean water.
- Goal 7: Ensure affordable and clean energy.
- Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
- Goal 11: Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Following the 31 CSR themes used in the CSR Performance Ladder (e.g. energy, water, effect on society...), we have prioritized the issues that are relevant to Riwal and its primary stakeholders. Based on the link between these themes and the SDGs, we decided to contribute to the 7 SDGs related to our issues.
Check Certifications for our CSR Perfomance Ladder Certification.