Riwal Wins Sustainability Award During IAPA Summit 2022
Through the efforts made possible by our Lifting Sustainability strategy, Riwal has been declared Winner of The Sustainability Award during the International Awards for Powered Access summit in 2022.
By winning this award the judges recognize the impact of Riwal’s Lifting Sustainability strategy on our environment and society. More 450 industry professionals gathered at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel in Kensington, for this year’s IAPAs, which celebrate best practices in the access industry across 13 award categories. The award is proof that Riwal is a sustainable leader in the international rental business. Contributing to a cleaner and more sustainable industry has become part of Riwal's DNA. Customers also find it increasingly important to do business with sustainable suppliers. This allows us to contribute to a greener supply chain!
Pedro Torres, CEO of Riwal, says: “This year there was one award that we really wanted to win and that is the Sustainability Award. I am therefore extremely proud of Riwal as a whole and all the sustainable initiatives that we have been able to realise as a group. This is not only good for us and our customers, but for everyone. This indicates that business and sustainability can go hand in hand and make for a better world.”
"We are honoured to be recognized at this level by the International Awards for Powered Access. It motivates us to keep going!"
In recent years, Riwal has focused on developing the Lifting Sustainability Strategy, which includes:
- The alignment of our ambitions and sustainability targets with the United Nations’ sustainability goals and the creation of a 2030 sustainability roadmap.
- The unique electric solutions for a variety of electric machine types
- Providing alternative diesel fuel, such as GTL fuel or biofuel which generate less regulated emissions
- Our award-winning digital solutions such as the My Riwal customer platform, BIM and augmented reality and the VR safety training simulator.
- Investments in wash bay wastewater treatment systems on a selection of our depots.
- Launch of the ‘Sustainability Week’ with a range of activities.
- Launch of a vitality program which is based on four pillars: Energy, Exercise, Environment and Empowerment.
- Construction of a new depot in the UK with an array of energy and resource-saving features.
We hope that this will be the first of many wins for Riwal in this category of sustainability and that every day we can continue to improve our strategy, contributing to a cleaner and more sustainable industry.