Technical Product Trainer
HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 230 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
To optimize our product and technical know-how we are currently looking for a:
Technical Product Trainer
Optimize product and technical know-how by organizing and conducting training performed by Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) or others with special focus on AWP’s and Telehandlers to various teams and people inside Riwal group. Ensuring best in class introduction of new and existing products in order to utilize the full potential of our investments as it enters our operations and optimizing technical support to our products by adequate multi-level training.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Make sure that SHEQ is the highest priority during any product training or presentation;
- Develop and build on established relationships with OEMs, such as AWP’s, Telehandlers and related products such as Telematics in order to be fully updated on all new product developments regarding features and benefits impacting performance and successful introduction, thereby understanding and translating how these improvements create value for customers of Riwal by conducting demonstrations, presentations or classroom training and workshops;
- Visit prospects and customers to learn about and understand customer needs;
- Organize all technical training across Riwal, based on needs and in cooperation with Country Managers;
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs;
- Establish and manage a group wide modular technical training program with the OEMs covering basic as well as very advanced maintenance and service work on machines, but also including fault finding by understanding schematics, the use of testing hardware and how machines work safely and efficiently;
- Take part in developing apps or software training systems, including project development, budgets for those and implementation for both Riwal employees as well as Riwal customers;
- Develop and be part of an on boarding program for all new Riwal employees in cooperation with HR;
- Take part in the International Technical Group who services other Group members with special focus on the International Rental Fleet or Reach out Projects.
In this role you will report to the COO Technical and will manage the Group wide training for new and existing products, both commercially and technically.
- 3 to 5 years of technical experience in a relevant position and/or relevant industry. A technical Bachelor degree is preferred;
- Technical teaching experience would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects;
- Good knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- IPAF-certificates for using AWP’s, forklifts and telehandlers;
- Fluent in English language, good knowledge in 1 or 2 other European languages;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Team player and good understanding of team dynamics and various cultures.
- This role requires an extensive amount of travelling (+/- 60% in countries and 40% at Head Office).
- Presentation skills
- Teaching skills
- Representative for Riwal values
- Able to connect with the audience
- Communication skills
- Acquiring Information
- Inspiring and Motivating Others
- Making Convincing Arguments
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes (amongst others) a competitive fixed salary, attractive bonus scheme, company car, 29 paid vacation days per year and an attractive retirement plan. In addition Riwal offers successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact the HR Specialist of the Riwal Holding Group, Mr. Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 1825. If you are interested to apply for this role, please send your CV, with motivation to him by e-mail at email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.