Technical Application Consultant
HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Do you have strong analytical skills and are you capable of structuring and analyzing complex business problems in a creative way? Do you frequently work on assignments in the area of Developing and Maintaining IT environments? Then we are looking for you!
For our IT team we are looking for a Technical Application Consultant to help us in the next phase of providing efficiency within Riwal’s IT landscape. As a member of a multidisciplinary development and architect team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our Technical Application Environment in general and also the Jitterbit platform in specific.
The Technical Application Consultant has the ability to translate business requirements into technical designs and implementation plans. You have a high affinity with technology and innovation and a hands on approach to problem solving. Furthermore, you are willing to work in an international network organization and learn other environments/applications/new technologies (Netsuite, Outsystems).
As a Technical Application Consultant, you will report directly to the IT Operations Manager. For the Riwal head office, we are looking for a new colleague to join IT:
Technical Application Consultant
Location: Head Office Dordrecht
Tasks and responsibilities
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications, organize workshops and lead the solution design process jointly with customers, platform partners and other experts
- Initiate solution designs and implementation recommendations and deliver to a variety of business and technical audiences, including IT architects
- Work with customers to create and employ proper standards for Jitterbit development, governance and operations
- Identify and overcome risks and implementation barriers and develop and implement secure mitigation approaches
- Align and communicate with Product Owner during development and implementations
- Learn to maintain the full technical Riwal environment
- Provide technical mentorship to team members and train colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in middleware software development (e.g. client-facing technical solution delivery and implementation experience;
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with one or more Enterprise Integration platforms: e.g. Jitterbit, Informatica, Cast Iron/IBM, TIBCO, Mulesoft, Talend, Snaplogic
- Experience with common relational database technologies: SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQLServer, etc.
- Knowledge of one or more leading Cloud-based solutions (e.g. Netsuite, Salesforce)
- Understanding of common web connectivity and integration standards/protocols such as XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, ODBC/JDBC, etc.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum way of working
- Excellent language skills in English and preferably in Dutch
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be a team player and work with different departments
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes a competitive fixed salary and attractive bonus scheme The average bonus in the past three years was 15% of the gross annual salary including holiday allowance. No rights can be derived from this regulation.
We also offer a very interesting defined premium pension plan with Nationale Nederlanden with only 1% personal contribution. In addition, you have 29 days' holiday per year and the possibility to participate in our group health insurance with ONVZ, with a discount on basic insurance and additional packages.
At Riwal Holding, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment at a beautiful location near Dordrecht city center, which is very easy to reach with both public transport and by car. On working days a varied lunch is provided at the office for all departments. We also offer successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact the HR Specialist of Riwal Holding Group, Mr. Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 1825. If you are interested to apply for this role, please send your CV, with motivation to him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.