HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 230 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
To strengthen our Controlling department we are currently looking for an
Location: HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Member of the controlling team which plays an important role in the financial control and business control of the group. The role focuses on the budget and forecast process and the monthly review and analysis of the results of the group and the companies within the group.
- Part of the HQ Controlling team
- Reports to the Controller
Tasks and Responsibilities
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Monthly review and analysis of the figures of the group and companies within the group;
- Support in the monitoring of financial covenants and prepare compliance reporting to the banks;
- Drives the technical side of the budget and forecasting process and is hands-on involved in the review and analysis of the budget and forecast;
- Obtain sufficient technical knowledge of the consolidation system to support in all processes; budget, forecast, annual report and in absence of others monthly closing;
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes (budget and forecasting, monthly reporting and fleet controlling).
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly reports to the executive management, board of directors and the banks in cooperation with the Consolidation team;
- Support the annual report process of the entire group including the preparation of the annual accounts and supporting documentation, analysis and position papers and supporting of local countries and review procedures were necessary;
- Support fleet controlling; monitor actual CAPEX spending compared to budget, cash flow implication of variances from budget, monitor if purchase orders are approved in accordance with the authorization matrix.
- Monitor the internal control environment and identify areas for improvement and present possible solutions. Support local and HQ teams with the implementation of these improvements;
- Hands on support to the local finance managers and HQ departments with financial questions or projects;
- Involvement in special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting requirements where financial expertise is required. This relates to supporting departments as accounting, treasury, Internal Audit, Operations, support implementation ERP-system, harmonization business processes etc.
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance; Master's degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience; preferably in a big 4 audit firm or in an international corporate role;
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Proven experience with tools, techniques, processes and systems in the control arena;
- Proven experience with finance and business control and international reporting standards;
- Excellent language skills in English (written and spoken);
- Excellent command of MS Office or similar IT applications. Knowledge of ERP and reporting/consolidation systems (i.e. Lucanet) is preferred;
- Strong affinity with IT;
- Willing to work in an international network organization, and communicate with all levels;
- Willing to travel as required.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Solution oriented
- Attention to detail
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes (amongst others) a competitive fixed salary, attractive bonus scheme, 29 paid vacation days per year and an attractive retirement plan. In addition Riwal offers successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact the HR Specialist of Riwal Holding Group, Mr. Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 1825. If you are interested to apply for this role, please send your CV, with motivation to him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.