International Sales and Trading Specialist
HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 230 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
To strengthen our International Sales department we are currently looking for an
International Sales and Trading Specialist
Location: HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Responsible for the coordination of validation and trading activities and the achievement of sales and profit targets through the sales of AWP´s, telescopic handlers and forklifts by visiting and advising customers (acquisition and relationship management).
- Part of the HQ International Sales team
- Reporting to Group Manager Equipment Sales
- Cooperating with sales and account management in the countries. For the administrative and operational part cooperating with Operations team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Source machines for international trading, including managing relationships by travelling internationally;
- Evaluate machine values in case of trade in;
- Responsible for budget and margin when it comes to trading sales;
- Visit auctions to inspect and source machines;
- Pipeline analysis in order to determine the trading needs/stock;
- Communicate and collaborate with countries to push trading sales;
- Administrate the stock and purchases for trading in coordination with Operations team;
- Develop sales revenue from equipment sales by actively approaching and offering our machines to an international customer base;
- Handle contacts/sales with large brokers;
- Prepare information for management reports with regards to trading activity (stock, margins, turnover rate);
- Prepare and maintain a 2 week planning for travelling (customer and supplier, auction visits);
- Sales to international customers;
- Continuously update CRM system and/or pipeline information;
- Report customer visits / trip reports / exhibition participation to Group Manager Equipment Sales.
- Bachelor degree or working level;
- 5-8 years of experience in sales and account management.
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones;
- Knowledge of aerial work platform or industrial equipment market is preferred;
- Extensive knowledge with regards to sourcing of machines and buying the right quality at the right price;
- Excellent language skills in English and preferably two other European languages (written and spoken);
- Excellent knowledge and capabilities of modern applications like Google and active on Social Media e.g. LinkedIn to market our company to the full extent;
- Must be willing, motivated and able to work in an international network organization;
- Must be willing, motivated and able to travel internationally up to 50%.
- Negotiation skills (purchase and sales)
- Solution oriented
- Hands on mentality
- Customer focus
- Market & target drive
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes (amongst others) a competitive fixed salary, company car, attractive bonus scheme, 29 paid vacation days per year and an attractive retirement plan. In addition Riwal offers successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact the HR Specialist of Riwal Holding Group, Mr. Hans van Gool at +31 88 618 1825. If you are interested to apply for this role, please send your CV, with motivation to him by e-mail at email@example.com.