HQ Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Member of the controlling team which plays an important role in the financial control and business control processes within the entire group. The role focuses on the budget and forecast process (the cornerstone of business control), the monthly review and analysis of the results of the group and companies within the group and ad hoc (financial) analysis to support decision making.
- Part of the HQ Controlling team
- Reports to the Senior Controller
Tasks and Responsibilities
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Monthly review and analysis of the figures of the group as a whole; monitor financial performance especially in relation to the financial covenants;
- Has an important role in the budget and forecast process of the group. Drives the technical side of the process and is hands-on involved in the review and analysis of the budget and forecast and plays a key role in the internal communication;
- Obtain sufficient technical knowledge of the consolidation system to support in all processes; budget, forecast, annual report and monthly closing;
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes (budget and forecasting, monthly reporting);
- Assist the Consolidation & Reporting Manager in the preparation of management reports to the executive management team, board of directors and banks. Incorporate output of review and analysis in the (monthly) reporting to all stakeholders;
- Has an important role in the annual report process of the entire group including the preparation of the annual accounts and supporting documentation, analysis and position papers, communication with the external auditor and the instruction and supporting of local countries and review procedures where necessary;
- Complete regular financial analysis, identifying and managing financial and business risk, analyzing the company’s financial and overall performance, and managing financial data. This financial analysis comes together to assist the company in decision-making;
- Monitor the internal control environment and, identify areas for improvement and present possible solutions. Support local and HQ teams with the implementation of these improvements;
- Fleet controlling; review and approval of capital expenditures in alignment with Group Operations. Monitor total purchasing compared with budget, analyze the cash flow implications of variances from budget and provide insights in fleet allocation (compared to budget).
- Involvement in special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting requirements where financial expertise is required. This relates to supporting departments as accounting, treasury, Internal Audit, Operations, supporting implementation ERP-system, supporting the harmonization business processes etc.
- Provide financial and analytical support in M&A projects. Completion of necessary calculations and analysis, involvement in due diligences and valuation calculations;
- Hands on support to the local finance managers and HQ departments with financial questions, projects or issues; contribute to a strong finance community by developing best practices and implementing these throughout the group; build strong relationships within the finance community and create a global team through frequent contact and participating in periodic international finance managers meetings.
- Master degree in accounting or finance is required, RC/RA is preferred;
- At least 5 years experience in big 4 audit firm or an international corporate role;
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Proven experience with tools, techniques, processes and systems in the control arena;
- Proven experience with finance and business control and international reporting standards;
- Excellent language skills in English (written and spoken);
- Excellent command of MS Office or similar IT applications. Knowledge of ERP and Reporting/Consolidation systems (i.e. Lucanet) is preferred;
- Strong affinity with IT is preferred;
- Willing to work in an international network organization and communicate with all levels;
- Willing to work in a highly demanding environment and travel as required.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Solution oriented
- Attention to detail
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize
Remuneration and Perspective
The remuneration package for this position is in line with the market and includes a competitive fixed salary and an attractive bonus scheme. The average bonus in the past three years was 15% of the gross annual salary including holiday allowance. No rights can be derived from this regulation.
We also offer a very interesting defined premium pension plan with Nationale Nederlanden with only 1% personal contribution. In addition, you have 29 days' holiday per year and the possibility to participate in our group health insurance with ONVZ, with a discount on basic insurance and additional packages.
At Riwal Holding, you will find yourself in a dynamic, result-oriented and informal work environment at a beautiful location near Dordrecht city center, which is very easy to reach with both public transport and by car. We also offer successful candidates the opportunity to create their own careers, within an ambitious international organization.
Riwal is an international company specialized in renting and selling aerial work platforms and related machinery of renowned brands which include JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Manitou, among others. As a dealer and rental company Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million, while operating a fleet of 14.500 rental units and employing 1.600 people in 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan).
Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry. The Riwal culture has its foundations in entrepreneurial innovation, pride, persistence, great attitudes, hard work, pragmatic thinking and loyal employees. Additionally, focusing on clients, professionalism, safety and integrity are critical components. Distinctive is the relentless drive to achieve growth, combined with an ambitious strategy to continuously improve the organization accordingly, from operations to Board-level.
If you would like to have additional information, please contact the HR Coordinator of Riwal Holding Group, Ms. Frances Kool, +31 650273778. If you are interested to apply for this role, please send your CV, with motivation to her by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.